Since 2014, the Investigative Committee has opened over 500 criminal cases against 180 individuals – politicians, military, members of nationalist organizations
More than half a thousand criminal cases were initiated by the Investigative Committee of Russia on the events in Ukraine and Donbass over the past eight years, Alexander Bastrykin, chairman of the Investigative Committee, said in an interview with TASS.
“Over the entire period of the investigation, more than 160 thousand people were interrogated, more than 32 thousand people were recognized as victims, including about 4 thousand minors” ;,— said the head of the Investigative Committee.
Among the defendants (a total of 180 people), Bastrykin named Ukrainian politicians, military, members of nationalist organizations:
- former Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Arsen Avakov;
- ex-governor of the Dnipropetrovsk region Igor Kolomoisky;
- former chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Oleksandr Turchynov;
- ex-Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs Anton Gerashchenko;
- Ukrainian Armed Forces commanders Valery Ismailov, Andriy Grishchenko, Vyacheslav Pechenenko, Dmitry Kashchenko, Fedor Yaroshevich, Andriy Gnatov, Oleg Mikats, Mikhail Prokopiv, Oleksandr Zhakun, Oleg Kutsyn, Valeriy Hudz;
- members of the radical nationalist associations “Right Sector”; (recognized as an extremist organization and banned in Russia), “Volunteer Ukrainian Corps” etc.
Among the crimes that are charged with these persons.— mining of territories “near residential buildings, where three children were later blown up and killed during a walk”, shelling of residential areas with Tochka-U missiles, including those with prohibited cluster charges, the use of Grad multiple launch rocket systems, Hurricane”, “aircraft unguided missiles and other types of heavy offensive weapons of indiscriminate action, as well as small arms” , combined into one production.
The head of the Investigative Committee also recalled the discovery in Ukraine of “secret biological laboratories” supported by the United States. The Russian Ministry of Defense reported about them at the beginning of this month, and on March 17 showed documents on the “implementation of the military biological programs of the United States and its NATO allies on the territory of Ukraine.”
Bastrykin said that the Investigative Committee opened a criminal case “under the article on the development and production of biological weapons of mass destruction”; and requested the necessary information from the Ministry of Defense.
Subscribe to VK RBC Get news faster than anyone else