The U.S. military is confident that Russia is trying to give new impetus to the offensive
By words US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, the use of hypersonic missiles by Russian troops in Ukraine will not have a significant impact on the course of the military operation.
“I would not consider this a serious change in the rules of the game. I think that the reason why the Russian military leadership resorted to the use of these types of weapons is to restore the offensive potential, ”Agence France-Presse quotes the head of the Pentagon.
Austin also noted that the Ukrainians continued to “confuse” the Russian forces, very effectively using equipment supplied by the United States.
Earlier it was reported that the Russian Armed Forces again used the Kinzhal aviation missile system. Kinzhals attacked a fuel and lubricants base from airspace over Crimea.
Unconfirmed footage of the first use of the Kinzhal hypersonic missile against Ukrainian military facilities in the Ivano-Frankivsk region.
Kinzhal is a Russian hypersonic aviation missile system. Hypersonic missiles 9-S-7760 of the complex are capable of hitting both stationary objects and surface ships.
- Carrier (launcher): MiG-31K – 1 missile, Tu-22M3M – 4 missiles, Tu -160 – supposed to be 4 on each of the two drums (possibly a smaller version for the Su-57);
- Missile: 9-C-7760 – aeroballistic;
- Maximum speed: M= 10-12 (up to 14688 km/h or 4080 m/s);
- Flight altitude at the time of reaching hypersonic speed: 20 km;
- Type of warhead: in conventional equipment or nuclear ;
- Warhead mass: 500 kg.